BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Montag, 21. September 2009

Happy Birthday Leonard Cohen!

(source: http://newsitemstoday.today.com/files/2008/12/leonard-cohen-poet-large.jpg)

The great (one of the greatest, though) singer/writer/poet/composer Leonard Cohen is turning 75, today. Congratulations! He was born in Montreal/Canada. This is actually how I got to know him. Of course, I've heard his name before, but when I knew that I'd go to Canada for holidays I was searching for some musicians and writers of this country. And he's definetely one of the greatest! I found it interesting to read, that he never wanted to be a musician, but a poet. It wasn't different than today back then, that it's pretty hard to earn money with poems. And so a friend told him to play the guitar to his poems... the rest is history.

The news said, that he broke down during a concert in Valencia/Spain (yes, he's on tour right now!) some days ago. So I hope, he'll feel better soon.

One of his most famous songs is 'Suzanne'
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snMOmHzgssk